A sense of wellness – both personal, professional - is vital to a vibrant academic environment, which is why it is a core value at throughout VUMC and part of our “Pillar Goals”. The Department of Neurology formed our own Wellness Committee in 2017 to achieve these goals.
Our core aim is to foster an environment in which trainees, faculty, staff can all say to themselves
- My work is meaningful and my own creation
- I have the personal and environmental resources I need.
- The person next to me is in the same boat…. and we are going places!
VUMC has a rich array of wellness resources including
- Finding your people for support and interest-based affinity group
- Managing both acute and chronic stressors at work and home
- Ideas for fun, extracurricular activities (with some discounts!)